Please read the following instructions carefully and make sure to fill out the application form entirely and include all necessary items of your application for a birth certificate.
- • Fill and sign the Birth Certificate Application Form
• Include a copy of the applicant’s electronic Afghan passport or Tazkira that has been validated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul and Foreign passport; (to show the applicant’s birth place is in Afghanistan)
• Two Afghan witnesses to verify the identity, date of birth, place of birth, and names of the father and mother of the applicant;
• The witnesses should not be any members of the applicant’s immediate family, for example: (father, mother, brother, sister, wife, husband, son and daughter)
• Witnesses are required to submit a copy of an Afghan passport or Foreign Passport or Tazkira that has been validated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul;
• If the applicant and witnesses are not able to attend the consulate office and sign the paperwork in person, they should provide a notarized affidavit;
• Fee: 10 USD
- The Embassy attests the original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued by Hospitals in Afghanistan or Afghan Central Civil Registration Authority provided that the Birth Certificate was attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan. Embassy will NOT charge for this service.
- Afghan Nationals.
- The Embassy will attest:
a. The original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued and attested by the country of birth of the applicant (excluding Afghanistan). The fee for this service is 10 USD for one Birth
b. The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General/High Commission of applicant’s country of birth. The fee for this service is 10 USD for one Birth Certificate.
c. The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in that country where the Birth Certificate was issued.
- Attesting a Birth Certificate
- For attesting a Birth Certificate, please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- Required Documents:
- a) Original Birth Certificate and/or original its translation.
b) Copy of Birth Certificate and/or copy of its translation.