The Embassy issues a Marriage Certificate (زوجیت خط) for already married couples, who live in The United Arab Emirates . Both husband and wife MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with FIVE adult witnesses/testifiers.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- 1. Appointment: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced.For booking an appointment please click on this LINK.
- 2. Visit In-person: Both husband and wife and FIVE adult witnesses MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with a request letter and required documents.
- 3. Request Letter: A request letter outlining the required services, date and place of marriage should be submitted to the Embassy at the time of appointment.
- 4. Marriage Certificate Form (فورم زوجیت خط): This form needs to be completed in the Embassy. It can be downloaded from here.
- 5. Required Documents and Witnesses: Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly.
The following persons and documents MUST be present at the Embassy during your appointment.
A. Proof of Identity. (1) One copy of Tazkira or Afghan Passport of both applicants; (2) one copy of Tazkira or Afghan passport of each testifier and witness; and (3) one copy of
The United Arab Emirates Residence Permit of the applicants and testifiers/witnesses.
B. Photographs. (1) Two recent photographs (size: 3x4 cm) of both applicants; (2) two recent photographs of each testifier/witness.
C. Testifiers (اقرار کنندگان): THREE adult testifiers should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. All three testifiers should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B. They should know the couple personally and should be aware of their marriage.
D. Witnesses (شاهدان): in addition to the 3 testifiers, TWO adult witnesses should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. Both witnesses should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B.
- 6. Fee: An applicant should pay 60 USD for ONE application. Applicants can make a money order to Post-Finance account “Account # Here”.
- 7. Procedure: Once the applicants visit the Embassy at the time of their appointment, proof of identity and documents will be checked at the front disk. If all the required documents are complete and both husband and wife and 5 adult witnesses/testifiers are present, the process of preparing a Marriage Certificate begins. The Marriage Certificate will be ready and given to the applicants on the same day or depending on the work load may be sent by post through the registered return envelope provided by the applicants.
- Notes: For One Marriage Certificate, SEVEN adults are required at the Embassy (Husband and Wife + THREE Testifiers + TWO Witnesses) Note: please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The Embassy does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.